Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krypto6969
Helper II
Helper II

Is there a query to find out which dashboards are using direct query?

Is there an SQL query to find out which dashboards are using direct query?

I have allot of dashboards and need to know which ones are using direct query. Is there any other way to determine that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krypto6969 ,

1. There is not a query to find out which dashboards are using direct query, you could check the storage mode in Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service to confirm the connection mode.

2. On-Premises Data gateway is used to create connection between reports in the Power BI Service and local data sources, whether or not you need to refresh depends on your settings.For reports created using direct query to connect to a local data source, it is usually necessary to install and configure a gateway.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krypto6969 ,

1. There is not a query to find out which dashboards are using direct query, you could check the storage mode in Power BI Desktop or Power BI Service to confirm the connection mode.

2. On-Premises Data gateway is used to create connection between reports in the Power BI Service and local data sources, whether or not you need to refresh depends on your settings.For reports created using direct query to connect to a local data source, it is usually necessary to install and configure a gateway.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

krypto6969
Helper II
Helper II

So I guess I can look at each dash.

So now I see that there is no easy way to change all my dashes to use direct query?

How deoes the enterprise gateway refreshs effect this? I know I ge so many per day? If my dash is setup to not use direct query and the gatewasy refreshes the data - is that refreshed data stored in the cloud?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.