Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ABNHS84
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to have a slicer automatically select each of its options?

I have a simple report page made up of a slicer and several graphs.

I have to go through each selection on the slicer and check the resultant graphs.

Is there a way to have each individual option in the slicer selected, one at a time, let the graphs load and allow me a couple of seconds to decide whether to cancel the run for that selection, and if there is no input from me it'll resume the looping onto the next slicer selection?

I'm finding it quite tedious selecting each individual one (especially as the slicer has started jumping back to the top of the list!).

Please don't just recommend showing all the data, or aggregating or some other work-around. I'm primarily interested in the automation side of this, so alternative ways of presenting my data in a static fashion really isn't what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robstewart89
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Depending on the field you are using for your slicer, you could try the Play Axis visual to cycle through your options:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380981?tab=Overview

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
robstewart89
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Depending on the field you are using for your slicer, you could try the Play Axis visual to cycle through your options:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380981?tab=Overview

That's fantastic!

And exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.