Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Insert multiple rows with some blank and some computed columns till some date to show trend line

Hello,

In my current example, I am holding data for let's say till 7th of May. However, there is some future date decided to forecast the trend line, suppose 8th of August. Now, how do I insert such rows(number of rows to be inserted would be in days for 8th of Aug minus 7th of May) in the dataset with some blank columns and some columns that would be computed based upon a formula. 

Currently, PBI only shows up the data that it can fetch but nothing to show as a trend line.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nitin

9 REPLIES 9
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I am not very clear about your needs, if there is no data for the corresponding date, it will not be displayed on the line chart

This my sample, maybe you can refer to it .

Original data:

Ailsa-msft_0-1620727160856.png

Add a Line chart , use [Date] as Axis , [Name] as Legend , [Value] as Values .

Ailsa-msft_1-1620727160859.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all the columns have values for future dates except one column whose values are calculated based upon some formula from previous dates. This is why it is important to plot the calculated future values on the chart. This actually depicts the forecast trends for future dates and there is no way I see to plot in PBI. Please refer to the sample data and sample figure in previous replies in this post.

Thanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,Not very clear to me. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sample:

901    740    571      662    5/5/2021
903    737    564      659    5/6/2021
903    737    558      659    5/7/2021
                    552                5/8/2021
                    545                5/9/2021
                    539                5/10/2021

PBI draws till date 5/7/2021 where it finds all the date from the subsequent row. However, I want to draw till 5/10/2021 in a line chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Intended sample picture:

nitin_bhatnagar_0-1620457286434.png

While PBI drawn picture:

nitin_bhatnagar_1-1620457331628.png

As you can see the black line is not extended just like in the first figure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea on this one please? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reason for this is that all column values are available only for rows till 5/7/2021. Rest of the values are not availble. Hence, how could I achieve this as intended in the figure and sample data shown above. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any help regarding this would be greatful.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I need to insert few more rows of data which are calculated from a measure based upon previous rows data. I thought of inserting calculated data using InsertRows function but that work on columns while I do not want to add a new column, just the additional computed rows dynamically in a for loop or so. Seems like not supported in PBI, dynamic rows creation. Please help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.