Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Infinity Value appears even though a Value should appear

I'm trying to get the converted currency Cost in Sterling by using a vlookup from my currency file as follows:

Cost Price GBP = If(Products[Cost Price Currency]="GBP",Products[Cost Price],Products[Cost Price]/LOOKUPVALUE('exrates-monthly'[Currency units per £1 ],'exrates-monthly'[Currency Code],Products[Cost Price Currency]))

However, I've noticed some infinity values with some records where there should have been a value as there is a Products[Cost Price] against these infinity records.

How do I go about getting the actual value for these records instead of the infinity sign?
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try like

Cost Price GBP = If(Products[Cost Price Currency]="GBP",Products[Cost Price],
divide(Products[Cost Price],LOOKUPVALUE('exrates-monthly'[Currency units per £1 ],'exrates-monthly'[Currency Code],Products[Cost Price Currency]))

)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak

This works perfectly and gets rid of the infinity symbol thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Have you tried DIVIDE in your calculation?

Cost Price GBP = If(Products[Cost Price Currency]="GBP",Products[Cost Price],Products[Cost Price]     DIVIDE       LOOKUPVALUE('exrates-monthly'[Currency units per £1 ],'exrates-monthly'[Currency Code],Products[Cost Price Currency]))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

The syntax you've provided below is comming back with errors, how can I write this formula using the DIVIDE function?

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.