Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CamMousquetaire

Impossible to refresh my data - Column removed from Excel

Hi all,

I've recently created a Power BI report linked to my Excel table.
Everything went great until I removed a column from my excel table then tried to refresh my report in Power BI.
I receive an error message saying the refresh can't be done because my data source is lacking the said column.

The problem is, I deleted the column directly in my table from the "data" pane on the right, but I still get the error message when trying to refresh my data (even though the column doesn't appear anywhere in my data in Excel neither does it appear in the columns under my table.

So now I can't update my report because there's a 'ghost' column somewhere in my Power BI data. I DON'T need this column anymore. How do I delete it from (wherever it is) to refresh my data WITHOUT it?

Thank you in advance.

My version of PBI : 2.114.664.0 64-bit

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In your Power BI Desktop go to the query editor for that query and correct the step that still references that column.

Hi,

In my version of Power BI, there is no steps indicated, I don't see it anywhere in the Query Editor or in any other place.
How can I display them?

click the query, then click "Advanced Editor".

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.