Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Imported Visual keeps disappearing and have to reimport

Morning all

I am on the latest version of PBI (Aug 22) but for some reason a visual I have imported (Chiclets) keeps disappearing and I keep having to reimport. On reimport, It says its already installed but would you like to update eventhough the version numbers are the same. 

Anyone else having/had this issue and managed to resolve

Any help would be really appreciated 🙂

Many thanks

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @KarenFingerhut ;

Download the custom visuals you want into a separate subfolder. Then open a new Power BI Desktop and import the custom visuals.

Once you have done that now "Save As" and  choose "Save as template".  Reopen Power BI Desktop and select "Import -> Power BI Template".

Or can you go back to the July version? The August version has a lot of issues.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @KarenFingerhut ;

Download the custom visuals you want into a separate subfolder. Then open a new Power BI Desktop and import the custom visuals.

Once you have done that now "Save As" and  choose "Save as template".  Reopen Power BI Desktop and select "Import -> Power BI Template".

Or can you go back to the July version? The August version has a lot of issues.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yalan 

Thanks so much for getting back to me. 🙂

OK sounds like a plan 

Kind rgeards

Karen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.