Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rma1215a
Frequent Visitor

Import Shape

Is importing shape into power bi possible? I tried to look for possible answers but mostly it's about shape map, which isn't the one I am trying to get. I want to use a different shape which is unavailabe. PBI only has basic shapes and rectangles. Can I import a quadrant like this below:

rma1215a_0-1695029465509.png

5 REPLIES 5
rrm121812
Helper II
Helper II

Hi rma1215a,

It depends on how do you want to use the shape? If you want it just as an image, you can download the quadrant shape without background from www.flaticons.com and insert it as an image in Power BI.

However if you want to create a visual out of it, you can use Infographics custom visual from Power BI marketplace.

If you find this insightful, please provide a Kudo and accept this as a solution.

devesh_gupta
Super User
Super User

@rma1215a Yes, it is possible to import a shape into Power BI. However, the options available for importing shapes are limited. 

You can try creating a shape out here: https://synoptic.design/

And then try to import in Power BI.

If it helps, please mark it as an accepted solution so that other users can find it more easily.

Hello, @devesh_gupta. Thanks for the response. Would you be so kind to tell me in which part of power bi can I import the shape?

@rma1215a 

You can follow these steps:

Download the latest version of Synoptic Panel from the OKVIZ website or the Power BI Visual Gallery.
Import the Synoptic Panel component into Power BI Desktop by using the three-dot button in the tools panel.
In Power BI Desktop, select File > Import > Power BI Visuals (.pbiviz) and choose the Synoptic Panel.pbiviz file that you downloaded.
After importing the Synoptic Panel visual, you can use it to create custom visuals from your shape created using Synoptic Designer.

If it helps, please mark it as an accepted solution so that other users can find it more easily.

rrm121812
Helper II
Helper II

Hi rma1215a,

It depends on how do you want to use the shape? If you want it just as an image, you can download the quadrant shape without background from www.flaticons.com and insert it as an image in Power BI.

However if you want to create a visual out of it, you can use Infographics custom visual from Power BI marketplace.

If you find this insightful, please provide a Kudo and accept this as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.