Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore slicer for measures but not columns

Hi all!

I am struggling with displaying HR information and salary differences. I have a dashboard that needs to show column data and measure data, sliced per year. Furthermore, I have an additional calendar table, this is used for the slicer.

If I relate the dates in my data table to the calendar, the visuals of the columns work fine, but my measures do not. If I remove this relationship, the visuals of the measures work fine, but the columns are now not influenced by the slicer anymore.

What I want to achieve with my measure, is finding the status (and salary and career) someone had at the start of the year. Therefore, I need to look at the max date before the start of the year chosen in the slicer.

M-Start Status = 
var CurrName = LASTNONBLANK('Mutations_tab'[Name],[Name])
return

var LastStatusDate = 
CALCULATE(
    MAX('Mutations_tab'[Date]),
    FILTER(
        'Mutations_tab',
        'Mutations_tab'[Date] <= MIN('Calendar'[Date]) &&
        'Mutations_tab'[Name] = CurrName &&
        'Mutations_tab'[Status] <> BLANK())
)
return

LOOKUPVALUE(
    'Mutations_tab'[Status],
    'Mutations_tab'[Name],
    CurrName,
    'Mutations_tab'[Date],
    LastStatusDate
)

The mutation table looks like this:

NameDateSalaryCareerStatus
B1-1-2021€ 3.000,00Medior 
C1-1-2021€ 3.500,00Senior 
A1-1-2021  NO PROJECT
D2-12-2020  LEAVING
A30-6-2020  ON PROJECT
A29-6-2020€ 2.750,00JuniorENTERING
B5-5-2020  ON PROJECT
B4-5-2020€ 2.750,00JuniorENTERING
D3-1-2020  ON PROJECT
D2-1-2020€ 2.750,00JuniorENTERING
C1-1-2020€ 3.000,00Medior 
C2-8-2018  ON PROJECT
C1-8-2018€ 2.750,00JuniorENTERING

And I have an additional table with other information about the employees, such as the studies.

If I relate calendar to the table, the graphs that only use columns work fine but the measures don't. If I remove this relationship, the measures work fine but the columns don't. Please look at my pbix file, thanks for your help!

Click here for my PBIX file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiMbWK0OjrARgtBLS50Bp5ZYAnX6kQ?e=RAkYE0

6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to my understanding, you want all filter arguments in your existing CALCULATE are evaluated with the relationship disabled, right?

You could wrap your existing code in an outer CALCULATE with CROSSFILTER.And the logic of CurrName seems to be wrong, please try the following formula:

M-Start Status = 
var CurrName =CALCULATE(MAX('Mutations_tab'[Name]),FILTER(ALL('Mutations_tab'),'Mutations_tab'[Date]<=MIN('Calendar'[Date])))
return

var LastStatusDate = 
CALCULATE(
CALCULATE(
    MAX('Mutations_tab'[Date]),
    FILTER(
        'Mutations_tab',
        'Mutations_tab'[Date] <= MIN('Calendar'[Date]) &&
        'Mutations_tab'[Name] = CurrName &&
        'Mutations_tab'[Status] <> BLANK())
), CROSSFILTER('Calendar'[Date],Mutations_tab[Date],None))

return

LOOKUPVALUE(
    'Mutations_tab'[Status],
    'Mutations_tab'[Name],
    CurrName,
    'Mutations_tab'[Date],
    LastStatusDate
)

The final output is shown below:

3.8.1relationship.PNG

Please take a look at the pbix file here.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help! I see how and that it works in your pbix, but unfortunately it doesn't work in my 'real' pbix and I really don't know why, everything has the same set-up.... But since the data is of course confidential I cannot share it 😕 Hopefully I can find out the difference and how to fix it, but again thanks for your help!

Hi @Anonymous ,

It may be caused by version.Please try to upgrade the Power BI Desktop to the latest version and have a try again.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for my late reply! I've updated my Power BI version, but unfortunately it still doesn't work 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've already tried some things with ALL, ALLEXCEPT and CROSSFILTER in the measure while keeping the relationship activated, but so far nothing works....

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.