Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If my card visual label is dependent on the item selected from the filter, How to label "All"?

Hi All,

There is one filter with Team names listed as dropdown list and I have a label(Regular Card visual) with team names in my 2nd page.

So When I am selecting any teams from the filter, which is placed in the first page and clicking the "GO" button, it goes to second page with sync slicer feature and show me the correct "Team name" in the 2nd page.
But when an user is not selecting any Teams from the dropdown in the first page, it should label that page as "ALL" in the 2nd page instead of taking the "First Team name" from the dropdown list.

I need "All" as a label in the card visual which is placed as a header of that 2nd page, when no teams is being selected in the first page.

Is it possible? 

Thanks in advance.

tanisha10_0-1595336623452.png

tanisha10_1-1595337009628.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-lionel-msft_0-1595395368425.png v-lionel-msft_1-1595395381455.png

v-lionel-msft_2-1595395827012.png v-lionel-msft_3-1595395843761.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-lionel-msft_0-1595395368425.png v-lionel-msft_1-1595395381455.png

v-lionel-msft_2-1595395827012.png v-lionel-msft_3-1595395843761.png

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you answered my question :). Thank you so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lionel-msft  Hi Lionel,

How are we passing the "team name" as parameter to the next page. I tried your code but evertime it is displaying "All" as the label. Any idea what am i missing?

Before I was using Sync slicer feature to pass team name to my 2nd page. But when I am using the way you used as "Page Navigation", it is not working .

Measure Team =
IF(
ISFILTERED(Teams[name]),
SELECTEDVALUE(Teams[name]),
"ALL"
)

tanisha10_0-1595556265328.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes got it. Your Slicer was hidden there. Thanks.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt you can make slicer to select first value

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak I dont want to select First value in the card visual, but when you display a Text in a card visual, it by defaults takes the First  as checked in the field section of visualisation panel. my requirement is when no items is selected from the dropdown list, what should be labeled in the card visual in the same page or the other. I want "All" there as Label but not the First item from the list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.