Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Witold
Frequent Visitor

IF Funcion, in DATEBETWEEN with PARAMETR

Hi, I'm in the middle of making a forecast with the leverage tool. For this I took whole the calendar but want to Parameter Function works only for a specific date and be disable for rest of it. 

So I decide that the easiest way would be to put lmits on the Parametr dimension (GENERATESERIES). 

My code looks like 

Parameter Sessions = IF(DATESBETWEEN('Date Table'[Date],2022/10/01,2023/12/31),GENERATESERIES(0, 20, 0.001),GENERATESERIES(0,0,0,0). 

To disable "what if" for different dates than my chose period I use GENERATESERIES FOR 0.
It does not work, can you show me some different way to reach it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Witold , if you are looking slicer to control your table that will not happen, A calculated table can not use slicer value.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Witold , if you are looking slicer to control your table that will not happen, A calculated table can not use slicer value.

Thanks! This is a answer that im looking for. 

But @amitchandak, if I like to make an ajustment slicer with "what if" parameter I cant make a dynamic change for it at all? For example a simple formula that says "if parametr get 10 points, devide by 2" ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.