Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mdaamirkhan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How will I create hirerchylevel wise data in column in PowerBI

Hello All,

How will I create hirerchylevel wise  data in column like "Channel and Category" in power screenshot below. Can anyone please on this. I have also shared sample data file Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvsRTBPQjBzMWNndW8

hirerchyLevel.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@mdaamirkhan not sure what you mean, but just drag and drop the fields you want in a hierarchy on top of each other in the field view

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I drag and drop the fields  but I dont want I like this. 

hirerchyLevel.PNG

My Input dat is like below screenshot: I have shared the sample data link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvscTBncE9fUGVrcGc

Input Data:

Screenshot 2017-08-31 at 05.06.25 PM.png

I want to create like  below screenshot. You can see there is ALL then there is space beofre Retails then there psace before Migros

Output will Be like below. 

Capture1.PNG

Screenshot 2017-08-31 at 05.04.59 PM.png

@mdaamirkhan,

You may take a look at the HierarchySlicer and Matrix visual.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have taken HierarchySlicer screenshot below. 

image001.png

How Will I show this in dropdown filter as I have alredy given screenshot. Is there any way to create column using dax If Yes then How. 

Screenshot 2017-09-01 at 12.43.44 PM.png

@mdaamirkhan,

As far as I know, there is no elegant way. You'll need to create a custom visual.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there any other way?

I assume you want to add this hirerchylevel wise data in column in a Matrix.

1)In the fields list select Channel => right mouse click and select New Heirarchy.

creating new Heirarchycreating new Heirarchy

2) Select "Sub Channel" in the Field list => right mouce click and select "Add to Heirarchy" => select Heirarchy created in step 1).

3)Click on Matrix in Visualizations to add to presenation screen

4)DRag CHANNEL Heirarchy to Rows,Value and Volume to Values

matrix.JPG

5) click on inverted U icon as marked above to view the heirarchy

final.JPG

Hope this helps

Thanks

Vinod

I know this option. I want in Dropdown select 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.