Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sagarsahoo_123
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to write code in the Table so that memory issue won't come

Hi Team,

Wish you all a very Happy New Year. Will approciate for any support in this regard of memory issue which i am getting.

I have created a slicer in which i am using Measures in it. To use measure in slicer, i have to create a separate three table but after that when i am applying refresh with SQL server, it is throwing memory issue. Please note there is 16GB RAM and it was working fine before creating table.

Here is the code below.

1-

Input_Range(Digi) = var X1 = SUMMARIZE('VW_NIPPON_PRODUCTIVITY',VW_NIPPON_PRODUCTIVITY[PERSONAL_ID],"Input Range",[Input_Range(Digi)])
return
SUMMARIZE(X1,[Input Range])

2-
Input_Range(WorkTime) = var X1 = SUMMARIZE('VW_NIPPON_PRODUCTIVITY',VW_NIPPON_PRODUCTIVITY[PERSONAL_ID],"Input Range",[Input_Range(WorkTime)])
return
SUMMARIZE(X1,[Input Range])

3-
Output_Range(ILP)  = var X1 = SUMMARIZE('VW_NIPPON_PRODUCTIVITY',VW_NIPPON_PRODUCTIVITY[PERSONAL_ID],"Output Range",[Output_Range(ILP)])
return
SUMMARIZE(X1,[Output Range])

Please help if i can write in a simplified manner the above code, so that i won't face any memory related issue.
Any help is highly appriciated.

Regards,
Sagar
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sagarsahoo_123 , in all of the above, what is need for SUMMARIZE in return , do you need distinct values ?

You can use group by and delete duplicates in the power query

https://medium.com/@amitchandak/cheat-sheet-power-query-functions-one-must-know-a8531b6e321a

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/group-by

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.