Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tracy000
Frequent Visitor

How to show slicer values base on other selected slicer value

Hi team,

Good day. I got a problem which need your kind advise, thank you.

I created 3 slicers in my dashboard.
Slicer1: FISCAL_TIME_TYPE (it includes 3 values, Year, Quarter, Month)
Slicer2: BASE_FISCAL_TIME (the values will show dynamiclly base on the selected value in FISCAL_TIME_TYPE slicer, if Quarter is selected, then BASE_FISCAL_TIME will show all the quarters, if Year is selected, then BASE_FISCAL_TIME will show all the years)
Slicer3: COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME (similar like BASE_FISCAL_TIME slicers)

Here I have a BASE_FISCAL_TIME slicer and a COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME slicer, because I created 2 date tables to join with fact table, I want to pass the different fiscal time to do the comparison between BASE_FISCAL_TIME and COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME. For FISCAL_TIME_TYPE slicer, I created a table only includes value Year, Quarter, Month, without any relationship with any table currently.

Tracy000_0-1714805046106.png

Can you please help on how to show the values in BASE_FISCAL_TIME and COMPARE_FISCAL_TIME base on the selected value in slicer FISCAL_TIME_TYPE?

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That would be a question for your data model. can you show that?

Hi @lbendlin , thanks for your reply.

I attached an example model for your reference.

I have 2 dim tables about date, 1 is date table, the other is compare_date table. These 2 date table join with fact table (1 to many).
 I created 2 date table because we have requirement to compare the data, for example, to compare the data between different year for different scenarios.

Now I want to achieve that when I choose FISCAL_YEAR from FISCAL_TIME_TYPE, the base year and and compare year could be changed to year, if I choose FISCAL_QUARTER from FISCAL_TIME_TYPE, the base year and compare year could be changed to quarter accordingly.

Can you please kindly help? many thanks.  

Tracy000_2-1714958819531.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.