Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to show all records in table visual

Hi All,
I have a Fact table showing 3500 records, when i put data from fact and dimension table in a Table visual and downloaded the same I got only 3458 records, I found out for one of the column it took only the distinct value. I want to have all the records to be shown in Table visual. Please help 

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Dharmendharan_L Yes adding an index column as @Ritaf1983suggested would work, basically, you need to make a row of unique values. The reason I'm pointing this out is so that you understand how Power BI visual works. Good luck!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Dharmendharan_L That's how Power BI works, the only way is to add a measure to get the correct count at the total level, use in the visual

Count Rows = COUNTROWS ( FactTable )

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi @parry2k 
I have added index column to the Table visual,  now showing exact records, when I click another visual and the data gets filtered in table as well but showing the index values. I dont want the end user to see the index column when they download the data. There is no exclude option in table visual like the matrix visual.
Thanks

@Dharmendharan_L 

Having this column in the visualization is mandatory since it is the only way to get all the rows.
It cannot be hidden or given up.
The closest thing we can do is design it in the background color and reduce its width as much as possible.
It will appear if they export this table to Excel.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Ritaf1983 not necessarily it will work, if there are multiple rows in each column with the same value, it will show only distinct values.

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

@parry2k 
Just in case all values in all columns on those rows are the same.

in this case, you can add an index column that will be a unique value and add it to the visual too.

@Dharmendharan_L  Sorry i didn't think about this scenario

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dharmendharan_L 
You need to switch on the "don't summarize" option on all columns on the visual column by column:

Ritaf1983_0-1692151648435.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @Ritaf1983 My Table visual has already enabled "Don't Summarize" option, Still this problem exists.
Thanks.

As @parry2k  mentioned this can happen when all values are the same.
Add an index column, this will give you a unique value to put on your visual.

You can add it with pq :

Ritaf1983_0-1692152385905.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.