Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to separate the same values in a scatter graph so they don't combine

HI there,

I have a dataset where one column has two rows with the same value in it (shown in the image below where there are two '6' values). This means that when I plot the values (within the details section, not x axis) on a scatter graph they go on top of each other on the y axis, despite having different y axis values (each point is valued at 6,5,4,3,2,1 to keep the linear formation for the visual). 

Is there a way to ensure that even if the values are the same, they remain separated on the y axis?

I've noticed this combination of same values occurs in other instances too, such as if I have a multicard with two of the same words in it, it aggregates the rows into. I've tried not summarizing the metric but that doesn't work. 

Thanks!

Picture2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, I think you need to enable other axis or legend field to grouping measure result with different fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I'm not so clarify for your data structure, can you please share some sample data to help use clarify your requirement.
In addition, you can consider to write a measure formula to summarize result based on current group.

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table[Amount] ),
    ALLSELECTED ( Table ),
    VALUES ( Table[Category] )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks, I don't think a measure would work as I really need a calculated column so that the problem doesn't occur again when the data is updated each week. I don't want to have to manually add a circle using the measure when the problem occurs, I would like the scatter graph to keep two of the same values separate automatically. 

Below are two examples of my data. The column on the right has two of the same values (6 and 6). It is this duplication that causes the scatter plot circles to fall on top of each other. The image attached also shows how I input the metrics into the scatter graph

StorySort OrderAvg EngagementAvg Engagement
Daily Mirror 655
Daily Mail5132132
The Sun41717
Daily Star300
The Star266
The Mirror13556

I hope this helps. Thanks,
Finny

dfasdsfd.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, I think you need to enable other axis or legend field to grouping measure result with different fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.