Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

CSteff
Frequent Visitor

How to present quarterly data in a continuous monthly chart?

Hi everyone! I hope you can help me with my little conundrum.. 

I have a set of data by quarter (quarterly sales targets) and I need to present them as a continuous line on a monthly chart. How do I do it? Is it a matter of a formatting option or does it require a dedicated measure? Note that the values are cumulative.
Thanks in advance!

Sales Chart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CSteff , continuous axis can be used with date (Month start Date, Qtr Start date, Date etc) Or number (Month Number, Qtr No etc)

With axis type

Axis_type.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
arcadio

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue. I have my quarterly results (as a last day of the quarter), and my monthly results (as a last date of a month) in one table.

When I try to visualize it, I get only dots for the quarterly results:

IMG_20231219_115302.jpg

But when I put month numbers (1, 2, 3), instead of labels (January, February...) it works:

IMG_20231219_115557.jpg

But I cannot really show numbers instead of months' name. Is there any workaround for this?

Thank you in advance

Ok, I think I solved it. I had to change the type of my Period table to Date (it was set to text).

IMG_20231219_121837.jpg

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CSteff , continuous axis can be used with date (Month start Date, Qtr Start date, Date etc) Or number (Month Number, Qtr No etc)

With axis type

Axis_type.png

Thank you! That was it and it solved my problem. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.