Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AntonNicolay

How to not rewrite over synced slicers

Hello,

I am building a report in which there are several pages where one is going to select once preferred solution. To do this I want to have several slicers of the same dataset that are synched together so that the choice one makes in one page is reflected to the main page.

The selecting in the first page is reflected nicely in the main page but when you make another selection in a second page this will rewrite over the previous selections. So how can I assign the selections and the synching to be on top of not instead of the previous selections.

MainPage:

AntonNicolay_0-1665576705372.png

First Page:

AntonNicolay_1-1665576756160.png

Second Page:

AntonNicolay_2-1665576798681.png

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AntonNicolay , Ctrl+ click

or change the multi-select properly - Switch off

amitchandak_0-1665581180862.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AntonNicolay , Ctrl+ click

or change the multi-select properly - Switch off

amitchandak_0-1665581180862.png

The problem fixed itself (sorta) when i went to using the normal slicer instead of the Hierarchy Slicer. Though i have to accept that the unchecked boxes from the other synched slicers follow along across the pages. Here is an example:

AntonNicolay_0-1665583671000.png

Here you see that the element is supposed to be filtered on Crane, but the unchecked Digital Worker box is still shown on the page.  Since it is shown in the slicer, instead of how it was previously, I believe it is therefore able to remember the checkmarks.   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.