Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

luizahenriques
Frequent Visitor

How to keep/ignore filters in tooltip

Hello.

I have a tooltip page linked to a Map view. The map view is filtered by year using a slicer. (this is a numeric dimension, not coming from a date).

All my data comes from a tabular analysys services database.

Inside the tooltip, I have two visuals, a Line chart and a multi-row card.

• Inside the multi-row card I want to show some fields related to the country in the specific year filtered in the Map view.
  • I the line chart, I want to show a multi-year view of the data for the country coming from the map.

I've tried following what is recommended in this thread, and it works for the whole tooltip page. In other words, if I turn off "keep all filters" and filter only by the country name, I can see the multi-year view in the chart, but the values in the card shows also the multi-year sum of values.

luizahenriques_0-1666806099612.png

If I turn on "Keep all filters", I cannot find the way to show the multi-year view of the data in the chart, but the values in the card shows the correct one-year values for the year selected.

luizahenriques_1-1666806099607.png

Vs:

luizahenriques_2-1666806099598.png

Any help will be greately apreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Rahul_SC
Helper IV
Helper IV

@Keith-Sayer  this does not solve the problem.

Keith-Sayer
Resolver I
Resolver I

Something to try. Make a new measure specifically for your line chart and in it enclose whatever formula returns your data with this following DAX Calculate logic:

Amount_TTLineChart = Calculate(YOURFORMULA, RemoveFilters('DATETABLE'[Year]))

Then what you can do is put this measure on your line chart and use your existing formula/measure for the things you want filtered. Then keep "Keep All Filters"

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.