Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harib
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to get data to till current month and future months with conditional column

Hi All, 

I would like to create a slicer with "Future Date","Till Date"  values for date field.

I have a date filed  like below (MM/DD/YYYY)

Date

01/31/2020

02/29/2020

03/31/2020

04/30/2020

05/31/2020

06/30/2020

07/31/2020

My requirment is,  if user want to see data  offuture date they can select "Future Date" option else if user wants to see the data to till month(05/31/2020) then they can select "Till Date" option in slicer.

So i have create formula like this . Future Period= IF('Date'[Date]<=TODAY(), "Future Date","Till Date")

With above formula  I'm able to get only data till 04/30/2020, It is not showing 05/31/2020 data. I would like to get this month (05/31/2020) also.

Future Period= IF('Date'[Date]<=TODAY()+31, "Future Date","Till Date")

If i add +31 then it's showing data to till month(05/31/2020), but i think this is not the correct way.

Can anyone please let me know how to get it.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @harib 

If  today is  (05/11/2020) ,what you want is to show data to the last date of this month(05/31/2020) , right? 

If so ,you can think of it(last day of this month) as the first day of the next month minus one day .

Try calculated column as below:

Period Type 3 = 
var last_date_of_this_month=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,1)-1
return
IF (Sheet2[Date-New] > last_date_of_this_month, "Future", "Till Date" )

pbix attached

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-easonf-msft 

Excellent. Issue resolved. 😊

Thanks a lot

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@harib bit confused isn't future date will be anything after today so your formula would be

Period Type = IF ( 'Date'[Date] > TODAY(), "Future", "Till Date" )

if it doesn't work, share sample data and what results you are getting and what is wrong, explain the problem with data.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k 

I have tried the formula which u have provided, it is also showing the result to 04/31/2020. Not showing May month data. i want to display till May month.

@harib did you read my previous reply if this doesn't work, provide sample data with details what is not working. I have no way to know what you are seeing and what is not working and how you are using the information. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k 

I have mentioned sample PBIX link. Please donwload and do the need ful.

Sample PBIX file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lwNNCQRV_nWMkfwdcrEeg89quWKsT98V/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

@harib it is not available to download, need permission.

@parry2k 

Oh sorry. 

Given permission. Now you can able to download the file .

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.