Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DarcN8
Regular Visitor

How to get Sysdate -3 when today is Monday and Sysdate-1 on any other weekday

I am trying to extract data out of an SQL server using ODBC where i usually need Prior day information, but in case today is monday i would need Friday's information, how can i add this intrecacy in my SQL query so i dont have to pull in huge amount of data to add measures.

Here is what my SQL query looks like right now, im pulling Sysdate-1 and sysdate-3 information, but since the data base has all the historical data it it take significant amount of time.

DarcN8_1-1678828787436.png

SELECT SQLServer.Table1.Sequence, SQLServer.Table1.name, SQLServer.Table1.ID, SQLServer.Table2.lastprice, SQLServer.Table3.Currentprice, SQLServer.Table1.statuscode,
FROM (((SQLServer.Table1 LEFT JOIN SQLServer.Table4 ON SQLServer.Table1.Sequence = SQLServer.Table4.Sequence) LEFT JOIN SQLServer.Table2 ON SQLServer.Table1.Sequence = SQLServer.Table2.Sequence) LEFT JOIN SQLServer.Table3 ON SQLServer.Table1.Sequence = SQLServer.Table3.Sequence) LEFT JOIN SQLServer.Table5 ON SQLServer.Table2.spcode = SQLServer.Table5.spcode
WHERE (((SQLServer.Table1.statuscode)='A'and (SQLServer.Table3.Currentprice) = sysdate-1 and (SQLServer.Table3.tpdate) = sysdate-3))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found what i was looking for  SQLServer.Table3.tpdate = case when DAYNAME(CURDATE() - 1) = 'Monday' then CURDATE() - 3 else CURDATE() - 1 end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DarcN8
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this did not work because it is subracting the date from tpdate instead of filtering the particular date. i also preferably want to do the filtering in the SQL itself or the M query.

I found what i was looking for  SQLServer.Table3.tpdate = case when DAYNAME(CURDATE() - 1) = 'Monday' then CURDATE() - 3 else CURDATE() - 1 end

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DarcN8 , refer if this can help

Power BI Workday vs Last Workday- https://youtu.be/MkYLT_GYIbM

If you need a calculation

if(weekday([Date],2) =1, [Date],-3, [Date]-1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.