Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wpf_
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to export a matrix visual to excel with pivots intact?

I created a matrix visual and i tried exporting the data to excel but it does not keep the pivot format.  I read that currently there is no way to do it out of the box but there is a analyze in excel feature.  However, it seems the end user would still have to build the pivot in excel even with this feature.  Can anyone confirm that this is the case, and if there are any new added features that allows a straight export?  The exported data does not even have to be a live connection.  It is just purely for static reporting purpuses.  Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Exactly!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @wpf_ ,

the simple answer: there is no way. A matrix visual can not be exported/transferred into a Excel.

Even if both "objects" are looking similar, they are not.

You can consider creating an idea if it does not already exist. Look here: ideas.powerbi.com

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens , 

Thanks for the answer.  So the only benefit of the analyze in excel option is not only can i build a pivot table out of my BI data, but that i can continually fetch new data with the same table over time, and I would only need to built the table that one time is that correct?  

Exactly!

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.