Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How to disable TOP N filter without losing field settings?

Good!

I have a table on which I want to make a filter of TOP N starting from a measurement such that:

gerardcanals_0-1631715418990.png

I am interested in keeping the filter preconfigured in this way, so that users can put the TOP N they prefer (10, 2, 5, 6, etc.).

The problem I find is that this setting does not apply and I have to put a default value yes or yes. Then, if I decide to delete the filter, the field settings also disappear and I have not been able to find a way to link it again from the display mode of power BI service, but I have to switch to the edit mode to add it.

I have already contemplated the idea of putting a very large number, but the maximum is 1000000 and that does not assure me that at some point the data will be affected (I have totals that sometimes will be required to consult without top N).

Do you have a solution to this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , If a filter pane is available, the user can change it easily and refer back with a refresh. So you can save it with a large value, if that can work for you.

Hello!

Thank you for answering so quickly, but I just think that option I already commented:

"I have already contemplated the idea of putting a very large number, but the maximum is 1000000 and that does not assure me that at some point the data will be affected (I have totals that sometimes will be required to consult without top N)."

Is there no other option?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.