Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

alya1
Advocate II
Advocate II

How to create dynamic bar graph w/ 2 date x-axis w drill (Brought Date & Shipped Date per Order #)

Hi All,

I recently learned about the "New Parameter" -> "Fields" feature that allows dynamic x and y axis on bar charts/visuals. But when I tried to do that with x axis = Brought Date and Shipped Date (y axis = Count of Order #) the results look very funky. The counts look wrong for Brought Date, there is no more hierachy for drill dow or Year/Month/Day, and I am getting this warning "Showing representative sample. Click to see details."
I have over 300,000 order #s over ~50 years.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is there another way to dynamically display dates on x axis? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alya1 ,

Sorry for late reply,I investigated for a long time and field parameter doesn't support hierarchies, but I found a workaround that might help you:Field Parameter - Hierarchy - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alya1 ,

Sorry for late reply,I investigated for a long time and field parameter doesn't support hierarchies, but I found a workaround that might help you:Field Parameter - Hierarchy - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look for this!

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alya1 ,

Can you share your data model? So that we can better solve your problem.

Best regards,

Hi Scott,

The model view is just 1 table. 

The columns in use are these below (with dummy data, real data is 300,000+ rows):

Order #Brought DateShipped Date
23311/1/20001/3/2000
23325/6/20058/3/2005
23337/13/20107/28/2011

etc.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.