Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to conditional format fields in the rows bucket in matrix visualisation

Hi there,

It is widely known that matrix visualisation in Power BI only allows for conditional formatting of fields in the Values bucket. However, I need to conditional format a field in the Rows bucket. In my case, any values above 300 for Act vs Hedge will be displayed as a red font while values below 300 will be displayed as a black font.

What I have: 

MuseSing_0-1625220049968.png

What I need:

MuseSing_1-1625220194771.png

I have tried various workarounds and searched on the net for solutions but to no avail. The closest solution I found was to add indicators using image url but this was not what I needed as well (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C1vpG-JQ9I). 

Looking forward to all of your responses 🙂

Thanks and regards,

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

This function power bi is temporarily unavailable, you can put forward your ideas and vote on the following URL:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

Thanks for the information. I have posted my suggestion in the forum mentioned. In the meantime, if anyone has any workarounds to achieve what I need, please feel free to post here as well 🙂

Thanks and regards,

Ben

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

You can set Conditional formatting for them separately to individually change the data color in each Row

1. You can find [Act vs Hedge] in Fileds and select Conditional formatting – Background color.

vyangliumsft_0-1625454759356.png

2. Enter the Background color interface, set Format by -Rules, and customize the color rules.

vyangliumsft_1-1625454759359.png

3. In Format, find Conditional formatting, set Background color to OFF, Font color to On.

vyangliumsft_2-1625454759361.png

4. Result:

vyangliumsft_3-1625454759362.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

From your file, the Act vs Hedge field is in the Values bucket. In my post, I mentioned that my Act vs Hedge field is in the Rows bucket. I am trying to find out how to conditional format fields in the Rows bucket. Hope this clarifies.

MuseSing_0-1625534044480.png

Thanks and regards,

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.