Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hundoa
Frequent Visitor

How to check if date falls between two dates, and if so, add values in a column

Hello all, 

I've spent some time trying to come up with some logic, however I can't seem to get anywhere with it.... hopefully one of you can help. 

Below is a sample table, which shows the date that a piece of work was "received" and the date that it was completed ("Closed"). Each 'Case ref' is given a value ('Bulk Count') of 1 in this example, however in the real dataset this could be any number. 

[CASES TABLE]

tb1.PNG

If the date in the below table is the => than the Received date and < Closed date, then I want to sum all the row values in the Bulk Count column, where that condition is met.

[DATE TABLE]

tb2a.PNG

So, the final table should look something like this;

tb2b.PNG

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, my brain is a little fried. Please ask questions if you need any clarification. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Don't @Hundoa,

Try to create a measure like this:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Received]<=MAX('Table 2'[Date])&&'Table'[Closed]>=MAX('Table 2'[Date])),'Table'[Bulk count]))

V-lianl-msft_1-1607333065103.png

Best regards
Liang
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.