Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeBIe
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to calculate these time measures

Hello all,

I've got the question to calculate active booking times from bookkeepers that are booking invoices in a specific system.  I will list a copy of my table (ProcessedTable) down below to hopefully be more clear of what data I have and how I can reach my end goal.

CreateDate = is the date/time for an invoice ready to be picked up by bookkeepers (this is not the exact same time for a bookkeeper to start booking invoices)

ExportDate = is the date/time a bookkeeper booked the invoice

InvoiceNumberCreateDateProcessedDateBookkeeper
1234510-7-2020 12:0010-7-2020 15:00Karl

What I need to know first is the lead time of the invoice. I will do this with the formula

_LeadTime Invoices = DATEDIFF(ProcessedTable[CreateDate],ProcessedTable[ExportDate],MINUTE)

This will result in the following columns ( I have added more data to get a better picture of my upcoming question/problem:

InvoiceNumberCreateDateProcessedDateBookkeeperLeadTime Invoices
1210-7-2020 12:0010-7-2020 12:05Karl5
1310-7-2020 12:0010-7-2020 12:10Karl10
149-7-2020 12:0010-7-2020 12:30Karl1470
158-7-2020 12:0010-7-2020 14:00Karl3060

The big question is: A manager would like to know in what amount of time Karl booked these 4 invoices. I could calculate the difference between the first booked invoice and the last booked invoice from Karl. That will result in 115 minutes. In theory, a bookkeeper should easily be able to book these 4 (or more) invoices within 10/15/20 minutes. The reason that the Karl did not book these 4 invoices in a shorter amount of time is probably that he got a phone call that kept him busy, he went out for lunch, or for whatever reason.  

Therefore I need some intelligence to be built in that should monitor if there is more then (for example) 15 minutes between a booking, and if so, it will count as inactive booking time or something. I am not sure yet how I will be able to display this. Ideas are welcome.

Hopefully, I have explained myself well, and if someone could help that would be very appreciated. If more info is needed then I will provide more information.

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DeBIe ,Not sure I got it. but can column like this help?

Inactive Time = if([LeadTime] >15, [LeadTime]-15,0)
Active time = if([LeadTime] >15, 15,[LeadTime])

@amitchandak thank you for your reply. I don't think it will be the answer to my problem.

My end result would be a table with bookkeeper names and the number of invoices they booked in a day/week/month with a booking speed. The CreateDate is the time for an invoice to be available in the system for pick up. Problem is that this is not the start-time of a bookkeeper. It's often possible that the Createdate is a week before it will be booked and gets a ProcessedDate.

I think it's only possible to take the first invoice of a bookkeeper that is being processed. So for example

BookkeeperInvoiceNumberBookedProcessedDate
Karl10True14-7-2020 10:00

BookkeeperStartBookingTime
Karl14-7-2020 10:00

From here on there will be more invoices being processed by Karl. I can take the last processed date of the day, but here is my problem again. As I mentioned before I need some intelligence built-in that checks if a bookkeeper takes longer then 15 minutes to book 1 invoice. If that is true, the "timer" for StartBookTime or Active book time has to restart counting again. If Karl would book 10 invoices with the speed of exactly 1 invoice per 10 minutes, then it would be as simple as 100 minutes active book time, because he did not cross the time-limit of 15 minutes per invoice.

hi @DeBIe 

Share your sample data and your expected output, that will be a great help.

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-lili6-msft ,

It's been quite busy, but I'll be posting sample data asap!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.