Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OPS-MLTSD
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to build a duration dashboard

Hello,

I am building a dashboard and need ideas on what kind of visuals/graphs, including their names that I can put in my dashboard. I have imported data on different types of services provided to clients and I am building a PBI dashboard to visualize their efficiency. So far, these are the columns that are available to me:

1. Service Names

2. Service Start Date

3. Service End Date

4. Service Duration

5. Cost of Services

I want to create a graph that shows the start and end date and the duration of the service, however, I am not sure what graph to select or how to visualize that in Power BI. Here a a sample of the data I have in Power BI

Service NamesService Start DateService End DateService Duration (months)Cost of Services
Credit Score HelpJan 29, 21July 23, 216$299.99
Finance Fact SheetFeb 15, 21Aug 9, 216$149.99
Mortgage Renewals Feb 11, 21May 27, 213$99.99

If someone has any cool visuals they know of that I can import from the marketplace, that would be great. Need inspiration on how to best visualize these data! Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OPS-MLTSD ,

According to my attempt, Gantt chart may meet your needs. Please try it in market place.

Vlianlmsft_0-1630472296761.png

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you 🙂 I tried the Gants chart before, its good but since I also have client IDs in the same data that is available to me, the Gants chart looks very messy. There are about 22,000 clients that are receiving each service. Apologies for not including the client IDs in the previous table, so the actual data looks somethign like this:

Service NamesService Start DateService End DateService Duration (months)Cost of ServicesService StatusService OutcomeClient ID
Credit Score HelpJan 29, 21July 23, 216$299.99CompletedAttained1234
Finance Fact SheetFeb 15, 21Aug 9, 216$149.99CompletedAttained1234
Credit Score HelpJan 29, 21July 23, 216$299.99OpenNULL

Mortgage Renewals
Feb 11, 21May 27, 213$99.99CompletedAttained 

As you can see, the service names are repeated, which makes the Gants chart very long and confusing. Is there a way to display this properly in a visual? Thank you

I guess what I am trying to build is a dashboard that displays the characteristics of clients who are taking shorter time in completing these services to attain their service goal (which is to become better at managing finances). 

some clients take 6 months, some clients take three months. The less money spent on a client and the less time a client takes to reach their goal, that is considered a successful client. The client info available in the dataset includes:

1. Their income

2. Their education level

3. Their age

4. Their demographic (gender, race, disability)

5. Whether they are currently working or not 

6. Service Names

7. Service Start Date

8. Service End Date

9. Service Duration

10. Cost of Services

11. Service Status

12. Service Outcome

13. Client ID

I would live to hear your suggestion on how you would display the data, as well as any intereting visuals available in the marketplace 

OPS-MLTSD
Post Patron
Post Patron

an Edit to the question above: these are the columns I have access to:

Service NamesService Start DateService End DateService Duration (months)Cost of ServicesService StatusService Outcome
Credit Score HelpJan 29, 21July 23, 216$299.99Open 
Finance Fact SheetFeb 15, 21Aug 9, 216$149.99ActiveAttained
Mortgage RenewalsFeb 11, 21May 27, 213$99.99ActiveAttained 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.