Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to avoid a visual level measure filter onto another measure calculations

Hello All,

I have a scenario where i need to calcualte the top 5 sales based on some slicer values selections.

The measures that i have created as below.

_Ticket Sales = IF(SUM(Table[actl_plan_tkt_sls_amt])=0,BLANK(),SUM(Table[actl_plan_tkt_sls_amt]))

to get top 5 sales values 

_Top Ticket Sales = 
VAR Ranks = 
IF(NOT ( ISBLANK ( [_Ticket Sales] ) ),RANKX( FILTER( ALLSELECTED(Table[cust_list_desc], Table[Size Grp], Table[size],Table[year],Table[Period x Week],Table[hol_ind],Table[promo_type_descp],Table[Event Name],Table[MB-OB-ARP],Table[plan_evnt_num])  ,NOT ( ISBLANK ( [_Ticket Sales] ) ) ),
    [_Ticket Sales], , DESC, Dense ))
VAR Top5 = IF(Ranks <= SELECTEDVALUE('Top/Bottom'[Top/Bottom]),[_Ticket Sales],BLANK())
RETURN
SWITCH(TRUE(),SELECTEDVALUE('Measure'[Measure]) = "Tkt $" ,Top5,
SELECTEDVALUE('Measure'[Measure]) <> "Tkt $" && [_Ticket Sales] = BLANK(),0,[_Ticket Sales])

Result

MohanV_0-1614667095928.png

Now i have another measure to calculate change in ticket sales, so i used below dax to create the measure.

Change in Ticket Sales in TB Events 1 = 

VAR selectedvalue = SELECTEDVALUE('Final Feature Price'[Price Combined])
var fINAL = 
 CALCULATE(
  [Avg Tkt $],
  FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table[cust_list_desc],Table[size],Table[year],Table[Period x Week],Table[Event Name],Table[promo_type_descp],Table[hol_ind],Table[plan_evnt_num],Table[MB-OB-ARP]),
  Table[MB-OB-ARP] = selectedvalue))
  RETURN
  fINAL

the output which i am getting is correct as below.

MohanV_1-1614667645386.png

But as you see in above image, when i include Change in Tciket slaes TB event 1 measure i see the blank values in Top Ticket Sales measure beasure of the conditions that i mentioned.

Now when i filter out the blanks in top ticket sales, the values of Change in Ticket Sales TB event 1 are changing which is not correct as below.

MohanV_2-1614667946491.png

Did tried the other ways but non of them worked.

Any help or suggestion on how i can get this done.

thanks in advance.

Mohan V.

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try this formula. Can you provide your PBIX file if it isn’t the output you want? That will help us solve the problem faster.

Change in Ticket Sales in TB Events 1 = 
VAR selectedvalue = SELECTEDVALUE('Final Feature Price'[Price Combined])
var fINAL = 
    CALCULATE(
        [Avg Tkt $],
        FILTER(
            ALLSELECTED(
                Table[cust_list_desc],Table[size],Table[year],Table[Period x Week],Table[Event Name],
                Table[promo_type_descp],Table[hol_ind],Table[plan_evnt_num],Table[MB-OB-ARP]
            ),
            Table[MB-OB-ARP] = selectedvalue
        )
    )
RETURN
    IF(ISBLANK(_Top Ticket Sales),BLANK(),fINAL)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.