Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to automate data

Hi All,

I have a question regarding automating data in powerbi. I have developed a dashboard for my company to measure various KPI's both internally and for our clients. However, I am currently updating the data myself, by first downloading the relevant CSV files from our SQL database, uploading them to dropbox, and then replacing the source manually. I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this? We need data that tracks from two years back till today. 

Our data provider has offered to email us the data every hour, and I was told you somehow could power automate this into PowerBi - not sure though?

My manager wishes the data to be updated every hour, but since the files are on the north side of 100MB, he said it may conflict with the capacity of the data provider - but proposed the idea that we have a base dataset, which we hourly add onto, thereby only having to upload few MBs. Is this solution optimal and/or possible? I was wondering, how we could add data to an existing dataset - I am only familiar with appending data in the query.

To narrow down, I need help with automating the data. 

Thank you in advance for your advice! 

Best,

Ckolby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.