Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

powerbin00b

How to Import Excel Errors as cell value and not as error? (=+keyword instead of #NAME?)

Hi all,

I have a weekly search keyword report that I want to upload to PowerBI via excel.  For some reason some keywords have a + in front of the word.  For example, +keyword.  Excel then automatically converts this cell to be =+keyword

Excel then goes a step further to show the cell as a name error (#NAME?).  When I import this file, Power BI classifies these values as 'Errors'.  Is there a way I can have Power BI import the cell as =+keyword and then I can clean the data within my Power BI query rather than having to clean the excel file prior to upload each week?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @powerbin00b,

No, you can't.

Before you import it into Power BI Desktop. The value in Excel has already be recognized as a name error. So basically you are importing some errors into Power BI Desktop. And I would sggest you to clean the excel file prior to upload each week.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

powerbin00b

Hi all,

I have a weekly search keyword report that I want to upload to PowerBI via excel.  For some reason some keywords have a + in front of the word.  For example, +keyword.  Excel then automatically converts this cell to be =+keyword

Excel then goes a step further to show the cell as a name error (#NAME?).  When I import this file, Power BI classifies these values as 'Errors'.  Is there a way I can have Power BI import the cell as =+keyword and then I can clean the data within my Power BI query rather than having to clean the excel file prior to upload each week?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.