Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SrinivasT
Frequent Visitor

How to Combine two Pbix Files into one Pbix File.

The latest update which was realeased in last Month, that   allows the user to copy and paste objects between PBIX (Workspace) files.

Download the latest version of powerBi desktop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @SrinivasT @Tad17 

Thank you for your sharing.

I tested what you said, it worked well.

And I also find  the visual will display error if  there is no fields in my model.

I think  it will be better if there is a way to  paste  the visual in the form of ordinary pictures into another pbix file   .

Best Regards,
Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @SrinivasT @Tad17 

Thank you for your sharing.

I tested what you said, it worked well.

And I also find  the visual will display error if  there is no fields in my model.

I think  it will be better if there is a way to  paste  the visual in the form of ordinary pictures into another pbix file   .

Best Regards,
Eason

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @SrinivasT 

There is no quick way to combine PBIX files. The update to copy/paste objects between files was released in November 2018: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/#copyPaste

If the pbix files have been ppublished to Power BI Service you can put them in the same workspace and they can share datasets and visuals. There is no similar solution in desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.