Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Calculate Numerator/Denominator in a KPI based on the filtered dates.

Hi there,

I'm sure I'm doing something pretty silly in this but I can't see what is wrong. I have Numerator and Denominator for a KPI I'm trying to calculate. To give a bit of context I have my data filtered on fiscal year showing April 2017 to March 2018. I have a guage object showing the total Numerator and Denominator for the filtered dates and it is correct - 1363/1925. I have a KPI Object to show the calculated rate but the value I'm seeing is showing the rate for the last month in the filtered date range 66.46% instead of 70.8%.

Ultimately my goal is for the Gauge object to show the Total for Numerator and Denominator in the filtered range (working), the KPI to show the calculated rate and then the graph underneath to show the N/D and rate month over month in the range (working).

Here is the DAX for my calculation for the rate:

Rate = DIVIDE(VALUE(KPI_Data[Numerator]),VALUE(KPI_Data[Denominator]),0)

Any help would be great - Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak 

I'll try to see if I can do that. It is hospital clinical data with personal health information.

I was thinking exactly what you said - it should work with the date dim table joined in the date_id.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if date slicer is from table joined with table from which you are getting this measure , it should automatically filter the value

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.