Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I join and filter 'Data at a Point in Time' - Multiple Tables

Hi All, 

I have a person table and a calendar table already but I need to find a way to show my data based on a slider as data relevant at the point in time

I have these three tables 

Placement  - Start, End

Legal Status - Start, End

Episode - Start, End 

All of the tables have a Case ID matching to the person table and there can be multiple starts and ends in each table for each Case ID. 

I.e. An episode might be 2 years long but in that time they could have 4 seperate placements and 5 legal statuses. 

I need to be able select a particular date and see what which what was open at that time for all of the tables. 

To add to this - I'm also wanting to do between dates so i need to be able to see items that have started, ended or were current during that period. I hope this makes sense thank you. I'm just not sure where to start

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You need a date table, You can keep it independent. Create measures like current employees in the given blog. If you do not join with any date, you can avoid crossfilter

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.