Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i do to filter a slicer (slicing slicer) ?

Hello,

I am using a table to filter a slicer but it does not work !, but when i replace my slicer by a table it works !

In other words:

- Table to filter slicer (not works !)

- Table to filter table (it works !)

Can anyone explain me why this occurs please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , yes table to slicer do not work. By design.

But have measure filter like suggested in this video for the slicer to slicer filter, that might work table and slicer too. Only add a filter to the slicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Unfortunately, it is unsupported to filter a slicer with a table visual in Power BI currently. I'd like to suggest you vote on the similar idea  and add your comments there to improve Power BI for making this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

As told by @amitchandak, you can't filter a slicer from table. Power BI doesn't have this capability as yet.

You can submit this as an idea here so that such issues can be probably resolved in future releases.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , yes table to slicer do not work. By design.

But have measure filter like suggested in this video for the slicer to slicer filter, that might work table and slicer too. Only add a filter to the slicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyOquvfhzNM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply @amitchandak , i have tried that but it does not work also !

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.