Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i compare 2 tables(2 columns from different tables) using Date and/or Hour?

Table 1 give me one range of Hour/Date.

Table 2, give me the Hour/Date plus Velocity.

I have to compare this two tables to just consider data inside the range (from Table 1) according to date and/or hour.

And the result need to give me the Date/Hour/Velocity about that data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for late back. I find that you create a new thread and give a sample. So I modify the formula based on your pbix file. 

For your sample, I think "Tempo" and "DataInicial" are date type. And you want them to be time type. You could use the function of TIMEVALUE to get the time values.  

Start time = TIMEVALUE(tabela2[DataInicial])
End Time = tabela2[Start time] + tabela2[Horas (h)]

Time = TIMEVALUE(tabela1[Tempo])

And then create a measure to get the Velocidade values.

Note : There is no relationships between the tables.

Measure = 
IF (
    MAX ( tabela1[Time] ) >= MAX ( tabela2[Start time] )
        && MAX ( tabela1[Time] ) <= MAX ( tabela2[End Time] ),
    MAX ( tabela1[Velocidade(km/h)] ),
    BLANK ()
)

Please reference this blog to learn more about measure and calculated column.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Column 1: Initial Date/Hour; Column 2: The range starting in the initial date (Final date = Initial Date + Range)Column 1: Initial Date/Hour; Column 2: The range starting in the initial date (Final date = Initial Date + Range)Column 1 : Date/hour in the point (I have to filter that exactly on the range of Hour/Date from Table 1)Column 1 : Date/hour in the point (I have to filter that exactly on the range of Hour/Date from Table 1)

Im new on PBI.

Sorry for my english, is not my first language.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm not clearly about compares two tables. I create a sample that you can reference and check if is what you want.

End Date = Table2[Start Date] + TIMEVALUE(Table2[Hours])

Measure =
IF (
    MAX ( Table1[Date] ) >= MAX ( Table2[Start Date] )
        && MAX ( Table1[Date] ) <= MAX ( Table2[End Date] ),
    MAX ( Table1[Velocity] ),
    BLANK ()
)

5.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sem título.png

i did it, but my column doesn't repport anything, i think it conclude all is ''false'', this way, all things is ''blanked''. 

Do u know what i did wrong?

@v-xuding-msft 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for late back. I find that you create a new thread and give a sample. So I modify the formula based on your pbix file. 

For your sample, I think "Tempo" and "DataInicial" are date type. And you want them to be time type. You could use the function of TIMEVALUE to get the time values.  

Start time = TIMEVALUE(tabela2[DataInicial])
End Time = tabela2[Start time] + tabela2[Horas (h)]

Time = TIMEVALUE(tabela1[Tempo])

And then create a measure to get the Velocidade values.

Note : There is no relationships between the tables.

Measure = 
IF (
    MAX ( tabela1[Time] ) >= MAX ( tabela2[Start time] )
        && MAX ( tabela1[Time] ) <= MAX ( tabela2[End Time] ),
    MAX ( tabela1[Velocidade(km/h)] ),
    BLANK ()
)

Please reference this blog to learn more about measure and calculated column.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-xuding-msft for your help.

I wrote one formula that repport me and InitialDate and EndDate for each row, including the exactly Time(Tempo in my table) in a range (InitialDate and EndDate).

This is the formula:

InitialDate = CALCULATE(VALUES(tabela2[DataInicial]);FILTER(tabela2;tabela1[Tempo]>= tabela2[DataInicial] && tabela1[Tempo]<= tabela2[EndDate]))

This one repport me InitialDate(DataInicial) for each row, but simply changing tabela2[DataInicial] for tabela2[EndDate], it repport me too the EndDate for each row.

I dont tested ur way, but i think it works. Thanks for all help.

Best regards, Daniel. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Hope that your report will run smoothly.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you share some sample data. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.Thanks.

My Recent Blog -

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.