Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous_96
Regular Visitor

How can I publish report to  Power BI Report Server using Power BI Desktop version (September 2023)

Hi Everyone,

What I wanted to know is how can I publish report on Power BI Report Server as shown below:

1.PNG

But since I am using Power BI Desktop version - 2.121.762.0 64-bit (September 2023) I am unable to save nor share report to Power BI report Server.

Furthermore, I tried to use Power BI Desktop version 2.117.984.0 64-bit (May 2023)  but since it does not support some of the preview features such as shape map etc that are required for my project I am not able to solve this by switching to that version.

Are there any workarounds that I could implement using Power BI Desktop version - 2.121.762.0 64-bit (September 2023) ?  or do I have to use different Power BI Desktop version with different workaround?

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

If you need any further explaination reqarding my query please let me know.

1 REPLY 1
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Anonymous_96 ,

Usually the Power BI Desktop Version that should be used for Power BI Report Builder and the version of Power BI Desktop that can be used while publishing to Power BI Service will be different. This is because, the updates to the Power BI Desktop used with Power BI Service follows a monthly update release while the same for Power BI Report Builder is little longer.

Hence the version that is latest with Power BI Desktop might not be used if the report publish server is Power BI Report Builder. That is also the reason, that Microsoft provides a Power BI Report Builder Optimized Power BI Desktop version for download.

You might have to modify the report to accomodate the version suitable for Power BI Report Builder else will have to wait for the next release of Power BI Desktop optimized for Power BI Report builder hoping the latest updates that you require are part of it. No assurance all the updates will be there in that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.