Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ACol123
Helper I
Helper I

How can I calculate the percentage of total rows?

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how I can calculate the percentage of total rows.
I calculated the percentage on the total of the columns, but I can't calculate the percentage on the rows, what formula should I use? Mainly I can't get the denominator, then the row total without the context of the columns. Thanks to anyone who can help meScreenshot 2024-03-07 121952.pngScreenshot 2024-03-07 122104.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Understood thanks. I think you just need to keep the filter on the color and remove the filter on the company. Same formula as you wrote above but instead of ALL (product color) u should write ALL (dim company table).

If you need further help upload the file or the screenshot of the model view atleast. Otherwise please mark as problem solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gabriele_hbto
Helper II
Helper II

By the way, you can also utilize the new visual calculations which, as I've seen (though I haven't tried them yet), should make this process very straightforward

I'll try, thanks for the advice!

Gabriele_hbto
Helper II
Helper II

Can't understand what's your issue, try to explain better

ACol123_0-1709822007976.png

You're right, forgive me!
I want to insert two columns into the matrices that contain the value in the form of a percentage of the total of the columns (e.g. 57,419.41/332,959.20) and in the form of a total on the rows (e.g. 57,419.41/123,988.31). I can't calculate the value of the percentage of the total rows, exactly I can't calculate the denominator that gives me the total rows value of 123,988.31.

Understood thanks. I think you just need to keep the filter on the color and remove the filter on the company. Same formula as you wrote above but instead of ALL (product color) u should write ALL (dim company table).

If you need further help upload the file or the screenshot of the model view atleast. Otherwise please mark as problem solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.