Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jtorr909
Regular Visitor

Highlighting Data Labels That Have a Tooltip

Hi all! I am new to this community and saw how helpful everyone is and wanted to see if I could get some help with an issue I'm having.

I have a dataset from a poll that returns count of "No" and "Yes",  and Events associated with the month of the poll. I then created measures that calcuate the total responses, % No and % Yes. Currently, things look like this:

Data point without an event

Jtorr909_2-1701352132729.png

Data Point with an event

Jtorr909_4-1701352184292.png

Question 1: Is there a way to highlight/mark specific data points that have a tooltip?  In my real data set, I have a very large sum of possible events, so i need a clean way to annotate this data.

I found a solution that is very close to what I need, but I do not like that it adds an additional line in the tooltips and duplicates information. I wrote a measure to return the value of "% No" if the tooltip wasn't empty, and then added that measure to the X-Axis and formatted it orange.

Jtorr909_6-1701355545295.png

Question 2: Is there a way to show the actual values of yes and no alongside the percent just to give more depth to the data?

Example File Link 

I am open to rethinking how I visualize this data if it means a better solution to my problem. Thank you in advance! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jtorr909 , Based on this, seems like you should consider the report tooltip page

Power BI Tooltip Page: How to pass selective values to the tooltip page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq7YtkxeLU

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.