Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hiding matrix row header on "index" row

I have a matrix that is showing stepped rows, but I need to have an extra row (unique identifier) because sometimes there are multiple records for the combination of the first 5 values. See pic below.  The circles indicate the index value that I wish to hide, as it is meaningless to the user.

Covenant Report.png

Any ideas on how to hide, since you can't apply formatting to individual row headers, nor can I shrink the "column" because of the stepped nature?

I should also mention I am on July 2019 version of PBI desktop, in case there are features in later releases that address this.

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dedelman_clng AFAIK, I don't think there is any solution to this. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dedelman_clng

We may need to look at the data model you are using, please show us a sample data model.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lionel-msftthe model is a single table. Each record has a unique, meaningless identifier, but the combination of

Executive Owner

Agreement

Category

Due Date

Frequency

is not guaranteed to be unique within a given range of records. So I added the unique identifier to the Row Headers on the matrix in order for the "Values" fields to properly show all records (not just "First" or "Last" for the combination of the 5 values above).

To be frank this is attempting to replace an SSRS report that is difficult to maintain because the data source is a SharePoint list. We no longer have any development resources, so the fact that PowerBI has a native connection to SharePoint lists made this option preferred.  The forced summarization of Values on a matrix visual is driving this issue.

Thanks,

David

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@dedelman_clng AFAIK, I don't think there is any solution to this. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.