Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Help with monthly values based on YTD vales

I have a problem with some data that i try to analyze. My data is imported via API connection by OData feed. 

The data are first of all specified in YTD values, and hereafter i have transformed it to calculate monthly values based on the YTD figures. 

But, between the YTD figures and the monthly values i have a difference when i add all the monthly changes together. 

Tobiasahansen96_0-1671799418608.png

On the above screenshot my total YTD should be 4.325.915, but when i add up the monthly values i get a lower figure. I have come to the conclucions that it is because of the 528.500 first being posted on June 1st, and then it stays the same YTD until August 1st, and hereafter it disappears because it is turned and therefore the YTD value is 0, but the 0 is not present in the data and therefore the monthly calculations does not get this change. 

Any possible solutions to such problem? Possible to create a custom line for each 1st day in each month, and if that has no value it just returns a 0, so i get a line for each month? 

Help would be appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tobiasahansen96 

Can you share a pbix with sample data?

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

So as you can see here: 

Tobiasahansen96_0-1671801218582.png

I get different values based on whether i see them in YTD figures or monthly change. 

For further information it is on account: 14999, companyshortname: HQ, and in year 2022. 

Yes of course! 

But i cant see how i can add the pbix file, i am new to this forum sorry.. Where do i add the pbix file in my comment? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.