Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MachisukiJ
Helper I
Helper I

Help with measure

Good Morning to y'all.
I need some help with an formula, im making an table visual that shows the budget of every part of the powerplant, bc of that i need to isolate per part wood treatment section, industry section, eletric-sub station.
i did an calculated column that shows the budget that every part have free to use, but the calculated column does not work with the measure and bc of that i can't do the last part that i have to do of the visual, what i need is do the budget - the amount of money used in the week, if anyone can help me i would be greatfull 

MachisukiJ_0-1682690844059.png

that is how i made the calculated column .

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MachisukiJ , You can create a measure as calculate column for the week.

you can have measures which can keep the week's budget fixed(This week)  and you use wtd for till date sales and get the diff

with help from date table joined with your tables . a new column

Week Rank = RANKX('Date','Date'[Week Start date],,ASC,Dense)
OR
Week Rank = RANKX('Date','Date'[Year Week],,ASC,Dense) //YYYYWW format

This Week = CALCULATE(sum('Budget'[Budget]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])))

WTD = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank]) && 'Date'[WeekDay]<=max('Date'[WeekDay])))

You can get

remaining = [This week] -[wtd]

Time Intelligence, Part of learn Power BI https://youtu.be/cN8AO3_vmlY?t=27510
Time Intelligence, DATESMTD, DATESQTD, DATESYTD, Week On Week, Week Till Date, Custom Period on Period,
Custom Period till date: https://youtu.be/aU2aKbnHuWs&t=145s

good morning amit, i tried your formula but it didn't worked, and i think that i didn't especified well what i was trying to say, i want to filter the sum of the values by grouping up the sectors, for an example 40 50 and 240 would be in the industry group, 129 would be in the wood treatment group and 247 would be in the pallet fabrication group, i want to know if theres a way to show it in a graph, can you help me with this ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.