Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yforti
Helper II
Helper II

Help with calculated dates

Hi guys!

I am having a calculation problem for the difference in dates between the steps of my data model.

Here's the model:

testete.JPG

I need to calculate the difference in dates between each step, for that I made a measure that didn't work entirely. 

Measure created: 

ac.JPG

This measure works when I don't use the step in the vision:

acaca.JPG

We can see above that the calculation is done correctly between the dates.

When I use the step in the table the calculation stops happening:

adasdasdas.JPG

Can someone help me solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@yforti 

you can try to create a column

Column = 
VAR last=maxx(FILTER('Table','Table'[DT_atualizacao]<EARLIER('Table'[DT_atualizacao])&&'Table'[personalizar]=EARLIER('Table'[personalizar])),'Table'[DT_atualizacao])
return if(ISBLANK(last),0,'Table'[DT_atualizacao]-last)

1.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@yforti 

please  try this

Measure = 
var last=maxx(FILTER(all('Table'),'Table'[DT_atualizacao]<SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[DT_atualizacao])),'Table'[DT_atualizacao])
return if(ISFILTERED('Table'[DT_atualizacao]),if(ISBLANK(last),0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[DT_atualizacao])-MAXX(FILTER(all('Table'),'Table'[DT_atualizacao]=last),'Table'[DT_atualizacao])),CALCULATE(max('Table'[DT_atualizacao]),all('Table'))-CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[DT_atualizacao]),ALL('Table')))

1.PNG

@ryan_mayu 
Almost!

Now, the only thing that is still wrong is that we are calculating a difference in days for the start date of the process.

See below:

fff.JPGSince day 23/07/2019 is the first day of the process, we should not calculate the previous day. 
I think it would be zero.

@yforti 

Measure =
var last=maxx(FILTER(all('Table'),'Table'[DT_atualizacao]<SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[DT_atualizacao])),'Table'[DT_atualizacao])
return if(ISFILTERED('Table'[DT_atualizacao]),if(ISBLANK(last),0,SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[DT_atualizacao])-MAXX(FILTER(all('Table'),'Table'[DT_atualizacao]=last),'Table'[DT_atualizacao])),CALCULATE(max('Table'[DT_atualizacao]),all('Table'))-CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[DT_atualizacao]),ALL('Table')))

In the DAX, iI checked if it is the earliest date, if it is , then display 0. please have a try.

@ryan_mayu

I used your mesure, see below:

ddd.JPGIs this because there is more data in the model? See below: (this is my full model)

ggg.JPG
aaaaa.JPG

@yforti 

you can try to create a column

Column = 
VAR last=maxx(FILTER('Table','Table'[DT_atualizacao]<EARLIER('Table'[DT_atualizacao])&&'Table'[personalizar]=EARLIER('Table'[personalizar])),'Table'[DT_atualizacao])
return if(ISBLANK(last),0,'Table'[DT_atualizacao]-last)

1.PNG

@yforti 

Measure =

In the DAX, iI checked if it is the earliest date, if it is , then display 0. please have a try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.