Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

milkmoneymike
Helper I
Helper I

Help with Conference attendee data

Hello All
Im pretty new to Power BI and had some questions about a report i am working on, Hopefully this makes sense and is doable. I have the Powe BI file HERE. If it will help with creating this request. Many thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. i would like a Count of contact IDs for each show (which i can easily do) but im having issues with these:

• I want to show number of first timers (People who have never been to ANY previous show)
  • For the people who have been to a previous confernce how can i show what confernces they HAVE been to?

Thank You 

MM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create a new columns.

This will count a person appears in any show. You are looking for 1

Times in any show = countx(FILTER(data,data[contactid]=EARLIER(data[contactid]) && data[StartDate]<=EARLIER(data[StartDate])),data[contactid])

In a show how many time

timeS in that show = countx(FILTER(data,data[contactid]=EARLIER(data[contactid]) && data[EventName]=EARLIER(data[EventName]) && data[StartDate]<=EARLIER(data[StartDate])),data[contactid])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Create a new columns.

This will count a person appears in any show. You are looking for 1

Times in any show = countx(FILTER(data,data[contactid]=EARLIER(data[contactid]) && data[StartDate]<=EARLIER(data[StartDate])),data[contactid])

In a show how many time

timeS in that show = countx(FILTER(data,data[contactid]=EARLIER(data[contactid]) && data[EventName]=EARLIER(data[EventName]) && data[StartDate]<=EARLIER(data[StartDate])),data[contactid])

Thank you this worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.