Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cousinitt13
Helper I
Helper I

Help needed with LookUp Table/List

Hello, 

I am trying to do a radar/bar chart with some very basic values. 
My final table should have all categories (Quality, Speed, Communication), the count of values (Very Good, Good, Bad) and as legend the lookup table / list (Very Good, Good, Bad). All categories point to the same lookup/list

Customer

Customer NameQualitySpeedCommunication
AVery GoodVery GoodBad
BGoodGoodBad
CVery GoodBadVery Good

LookUp

Very Good
Good
Bad

hope anybody can help me with that simple issue

BR

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cousinitt13 , not sure I got it. You can join with all three Tables and use userelation to create formulas.

Please check how to use userelation

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

@amitchandak  Thanks for the reply, but I can't do more than one relationship to my lookuptable

I have about 16 categories (columns) which have the same "legend" values ("Sehr Gut, Gut, Akzeptabel, Schlecht") 
here is a screenshot of the data

image.png

and my lookup/list table is very basic

image.png

so, in this case, I can't create 16 relations to this lookup table.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

To do that:

1. unpivot columns 2-4 in the query editor (just highlight your Customer Name column, right click on it, and choose unpivot other columns. 

2. Load the table. 

3. Get a Radar chart by hitting the ellipsis in the Visualization pane and choose Get More Visuals.

4.  Put the Attribute column in the category field well and your value column in the values area (choose Count as the aggregation or provide your own measure).

5.  Make a table visual with your Value column to show Very Good, Good, etc. to be used as a slicer.

This is what it will look like

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

radar.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks for your quick answer, but it seems that the Count function is not working with textfields.

it shows only the whole amount of the categories, not the separated (very good, good, bad) value

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.