Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

fredbo

Help devising a dashboard to visualise survey responses + lookup

Hello I'm tyring to come up with a solution for easy visualisation of survey responses.

The feedback survey, created via MS Forms will contain:

A. Name of an event (drop-down)

B. Date Attended (date picker)

C. One word answer (text, short answer)

D. Long answer

Responses will, in turn, will be automated into a sharepoint list with corresponding columns for A-D. For colum C, I would like to look up whatever one word response was received from a large database of approximately 8k words, catogorised between good and bad. So, if a respondent answers 'Fantastic', there would be a record of 'Fantastic' elsewhere, next to 'Good' and if someone aswered 'Boring' there will be a corresponding entry in the database for 'Bad'.

What I'd like to do is:

1. Be able to quickly visualise Good vs Bad responses, looking up data from column C against a separate two column table containing words and categories for those word.

2. Form a word cloud derived from data in column C

3. Drillthrough a word selected on wordcloud derived from column C and visualise the corresponding data in A, B and D for that set.

Thank you very much in advance

4 REPLIES 4
simrantuli
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @fredbo,

Do you want help with which visuals should you use or do you need help with the backend coding (DAX, datamodelling, query editor etc.)?

In case you need help with the latter, I request you to share a PBIX with sample data.

Hi @simrantuli, thank you, more with the back end so I will share a PBIX once I have it with sample data 🙂

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fredbo ,

I don’t quite understand your needs. Could you please provide some data or pictures to illustrate it? Please check the content in the links below, hope they can help you.

How to setup Power BI for Survey Results

How to Automatically Import Microsoft Forms Responses to Power BI

Forms Pro connector to get survey questions

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for the resources. I will update again once I have some sample data and illustration 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.