Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Biru
Frequent Visitor

Help With Mekko Chart - Dynamically summarizing data

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to build a Mekko chart as below.Sample data sheet is attached here Mekko Data Sheet 

Biru_0-1646998863740.png

Now,the only thing constant in the data is Market share for Comp1 to Comp 6 for each product.There could be specific competitors for specific product and there is other competitor category for each product.

Requirement - When we are trying to summarize the market share,we want competitors other than Comp 1 to Comp 6 to be added to the Other Competitors market share in the dashboard.In other words dashboards should have only Comp 1 to Comp 6 and other competitors.Where if we have any additional competitor other than Comp 1 to Comp 6,thier market share will be added with "Other Competitors" and displayed in the dashboard.

Regards

Biru

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Biru
Frequent Visitor

So i was able to work this out with little research.Sharing if it helps someone else.There could be a better way to do it though 🙂

Created a new column.
Mekko_Competitors = IF([Competitor]="Comp1","Comp1",IF([Competitor]="Comp2","Comp2",IF([Competitor]="Comp3","Comp3",IF([Competitor]="Comp4","Comp4",IF([Competitor]="Comp5","Comp5",IF([Competitor]="Comp6","Comp6","Others")))))

And now i can use this new measure in Mekko which will summarize competitors other than 1-6 in mekko graph.

Regards
Biru

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Biru ,

Glad to here that. Please accept your reply as the solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

In addition, you can also create the column like so:

Competitors 2 = 
IF (
    [Competitors] IN { "Comp1", "Comp2", "Comp3", "Comp4", "Comp5", "Comp6" },
    [Competitors],
    "Other Competitors"
)

Icey_0-1647239004217.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Biru
Frequent Visitor

So i was able to work this out with little research.Sharing if it helps someone else.There could be a better way to do it though 🙂

Created a new column.
Mekko_Competitors = IF([Competitor]="Comp1","Comp1",IF([Competitor]="Comp2","Comp2",IF([Competitor]="Comp3","Comp3",IF([Competitor]="Comp4","Comp4",IF([Competitor]="Comp5","Comp5",IF([Competitor]="Comp6","Comp6","Others")))))

And now i can use this new measure in Mekko which will summarize competitors other than 1-6 in mekko graph.

Regards
Biru
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Biru ,

Glad to here that. Please accept your reply as the solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

In addition, you can also create the column like so:

Competitors 2 = 
IF (
    [Competitors] IN { "Comp1", "Comp2", "Comp3", "Comp4", "Comp5", "Comp6" },
    [Competitors],
    "Other Competitors"
)

Icey_0-1647239004217.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Biru
Frequent Visitor

Is there any IF,Else statement in Power BI which i can use.Lets say i can create a new measure where the value of the measure will be as it is if the competitor is Comp 1 to Comp 6 otherwise put the value as "Other Competitor" in place of comp7,Comp8 etc..

IF NOT ( 'Sheet1'[Competitor]) IN { "Comp1", "Comp2", "Comp3", "Comp4", "Comp5", "Comp6" }

Move "Other Competitors" TO New_Measure

Else

Move ( 'Sheet1'[Competitor]) TO New_Measure

End-if 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.