Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markefrody
Post Patron
Post Patron

Help With DAX for Nested IF Statements

Hi, 

I have this table:

markefrody_1-1671132726317.png

For example I want to get the weight of the following items with the following conditions and add them to another item with a set of different conditions:

Weight for products classified as "Toys" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Safety check = Yes" 

+

Weight for products classified as "Appliance" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Price check = Yes" 

=

Grand total weight of the filtered conditions

Would you be able to assist me to create a DAX based on the conditions above and be presented with an output similar to this?

markefrody_2-1671132848166.png

PS: I'm using Direct Query as storage mode.

Thanks and best regards,
Mark V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @markefrody , try this MEASURE:

Result = CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Toys",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Safety Check?]="Yes")+
CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Appliances",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Price Check?]="Yes")

The result:

Bifinity_75_0-1671222977478.png

Best Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@markefrody , change the previous measure to this one:

Result = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Weight (lbs)]),'Table'[Classification]="Toys",'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes",'Table'[Safety Check?]="Yes")+
CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Weight (lbs)]),'Table'[Classification]="Appliances",'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes",'Table'[Price Check?]="Yes")

Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @markefrody , try this MEASURE:

Result = CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Toys",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Safety Check?]="Yes")+
CALCULATE(sum(Table3[Weight (lbs)]),Table3[Classification]="Appliances",Table3[Quality Check?]="Yes",Table3[Price Check?]="Yes")

The result:

Bifinity_75_0-1671222977478.png

Best Regards

@Bifinity_75. Thanks!

Bifinity_75
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @markefrody , try this calculate column:

Result = if ('Table'[Classification]="Toys" && 'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes" && 'Table'[Safety Check?]="Yes",25,
            if ('Table'[Classification]="Appliances" && 'Table'[Quality Check?]="Yes" && 'Table'[Price Check?]="Yes",130,
            0))

The result:

Bifinity_75_0-1671138910610.png

Check your conditions for if statements.

Best regards

Hi @Bifinity_75 ,

Thank you for the response and assistance. I may have confused you with the conditional statements wherein I have mentioned the weight number. I have removed it, below is the corrected one:

Weight for products classified as "Toys" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Safety check = Yes" 

+

Weight for products classified as "Appliance" which has "Quality check = Yes" and "Price check = Yes" 

=

Grand Total weight (lbs) of the filtered conditions

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.