Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scott1996

Help Needed: Columns Contain Multiple TextValues: Return All Rows that Contain 1 TextValue

Hi,

I am needing assistance with enbabling the ability for executive leadership to select, for example Category in a slicer and that slicer filters all rows that contain Category regardless of whether Cateogry is within that Column+Row singularly or amongst a list.

I've tried splitting the columns, unpivoting other columns, removing duplicates - I end up with a Many:Many relationship which skews the rest of the report and simply will not work.  

Below is a snippet of the department slicer:

Scott1996_0-1692195024295.png

I've enabled the search feature within the slicer and below is what happens when I search for Contracting.  As you can see, I then must go and individually select all 9 in order to return all rows that contain Contracting.

Scott1996_1-1692195125920.png

It's the exact same situation with the Stakeholder column - unfortunatley, due to privacy laws, I'm not able to share a snippet of that column.  The only difference is that the names are separated by a semicolon.  But the same concept applies.  If I search for one persons name multiple selections appear like above and I must select all of them in order to return all rows that contain that persons name as a Stakeholder.

Thank you,

Scott

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.