Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

REWright
Frequent Visitor

Help: How to get Item Price based on Activation Date and Warehouse Location

Need to capture the 'price' for a product at a point-in-time, based on the relevant 'activation date' of the price for that product and the 'warehouse' where that product is being fulfilled.  An item 'price' is adjusted over time and the report needs to identify the 'activation date' most recent to the 'shipping date'.  Similarly an item 'price' is adjusted based on the warehouse that is fulfilling the order.  Need a formula to take item # and shipping date, compare against a table to find the corresponding 'price' for that item with the most recent price based on its' warehouse number.

1 REPLY 1
REWright
Frequent Visitor

Another idea I had was to perhaps create a column in the Price table that would just look for those factors and input that 'price' into a 'Current Price' field or something like that.  That would enable me to use that field, I think, rather than trying to have the calculation done within the Power BI report itself.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.