Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

korkem
Regular Visitor

Handling twi fact tables

Hello! im kind of newbie in power bi, so question might be lil obvious.

I have two fact tables: Internet and Reseller. Both have almost same dimensions (geography, product) and sales, profit, cost etc columns.The only difference is that in internet sales made by customer with related dimcustomer table and reseller is same but with dimreseller.

To handle them i created bridge table, with column channel has two rows: internet and reseller. Plus added Channel column in fact tables with respective channel. And related them.

The sales measure is dax

Sum(FactInternet[Sales])+Sum(FactReseller[Sales]). It works when i change filtering in slicer between internet and reseller, but if choose customer from another visual, it shows sum of that customer sales+sum of from reseller.  What is better solution for handling this kind of multiple tables and how to write measures in this cases?

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

not an easy one. 

check this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyRsO4NJPc

i already did. The schema is same, btw im using the same dataset as in video. But still cant get how to create measure for total sales.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.